1. Practice making the healthy plate pattern.
2. Start your plate with fruits and vegetables.
3. Pair your meals with water.
4. Take your time! Eat slowly and relax.
5. Avoid distractions while eating as it can lead to excessive caloric intake.
6. Monitor your portions and avoid removing foods you enjoy unless recommended by your doctor, dietitian, or weight loss coach.
The more you practice the healthy plate pattern and get physical activity in your day, the more likely you’ll succeed with your weight goals.