The prevalence of obesity in the United States in 2017/2018 as stated by the CDC was 42.4%. With the prevalence being higher in non-Hispanic Black and Hispanic individuals. Obesity can lead to health complications, chronic diseases, and a decreased quality of life. However, losing weight can be complicated, frustrating, and confusing. At our Gastro SB weight loss clinic, we facilitate weight loss with our team effort between our Gastroenterologist, Registered Dietitian, Nurses, and Medical Assistants to make weight loss attainable for our patients. A couple more advantages to coming to our weight loss clinic are:
- Reduce risk of future health complications and increase self esteem
- Being overweight/obese puts individuals at a higher risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, fatty liver, cholesterol, and even colon cancer. Being overweight or obese may not only increase our risk for chronic diseases but it could also affect our quality of life and interfere with our mental health and self-esteem. At our weight loss clinic, we want to help our patients feel confident, manage their preexisting health conditions, AND prevent future health complications by following a healthy eating plan.
- Bilingual Staff
- One of the advantages of attending our clinic is our bilingual staff. We are able to better serve and meet our patient’s needs by having a bilingual staff in Spanish & English. This is critical because we are located in Chula Vista, California, where over half of the population is Hispanic or Latino. In addition, our weight loss clinic is also geographically located in close proximity to the Mexican border.
- Individualized Approach
- One size does not fit all. A plan that helped your friend may not help you. We are built differently and have different needs. By attending our weight loss clinic you will be receiving a plan made for you based on your needs which will be assessed by our Gastroenterologist (specialized in several gastrointestinal symptoms) and Registered Dietitian.
- Provide Meal Plans created by RDs
- All meal plans that are given to our patients are made by our Registered San Diego Dietitians. These plans are sustainable and made to ensure that the patient’s nutritional needs are met while losing weight. Patients that follow our plans benefit from weight loss, improved health, and improved energy levels.
- InBody to Track Body Fat and Lean Mass
- Weight loss can be tricky and confusing, if we solely rely on a scale. It is normal for our weight to fluctuate. Our body weight is made up of our body fat mass, lean body mass (muscles, organs, bone), and water. When losing weight we want to make sure that we are losing the right type of weight *body fat* not lean body mass or water. There are times where the weight on the scale may drop. Although it may be exciting at first, it can become frustrating when we gain it again the next day. This happens because you most likely lost water weight instead of body fat weight. At our weight loss clinic, you can choose to track your lean body mass, body fat, and water weight with our InBody machine. InBody is a great tool to ensure successful weight loss.
- Avoid Fluctuating Weight or Failing Another Yo-Yo Diet
- Our weight can fluctuate for many reasons such as those listed above. In fact, most ‘diets’ that are found online claiming to lose a significant amount of weight in a short time cause water weight loss. Unfortunately, once you are off those ‘diets’ you bounce back to your previous weight because it wasn’t body fat weight loss. These diets are called ‘yo-yo’ diets, and for that reason and they are not advised by any Dietitian. At our weight loss clinic, you will receive tools such as a sustainable eating plan to help you lose body fat weight and help you reach your goals. You will also have the support and guidance from our Registered Dietitian to lose and keep the weight off.
If you wish to reap the benefits of coming into our weight loss clinic and are ready to make a change for your health, do not hesitate to call our office to set up an appointment. Our professionals are ready to help you jump-start your health goals.
Learn More About Weight Loss
Weight Loss Clinic: 5 tips from our Registered San Diego Dietitian
Obesity in Adults: Weight Loss Medications
Procedures for Weight Loss
Prescription Weight-Loss Medications