More than 20 million people in the United States suffer from gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD). Further, more than 100 million people suffer from occasional symptoms.
- Avoid high fat foods such as whole milk, fried foods, sausage, bologna, and bacon
- Limit caffeinated beverages such as coffee, soda, and regular teas.
- Avoid laying down 3 hours after meals
- Eat in a calm and relaxed environment, sit while you eat
- Eat several small meals throughout the day – avoiding last meals will help with digestion
- Exercise at least three times a week
Talk to your healthcare provider about any concerns you have. It’s important that you seek advice about your digestive issues from a qualified health care professional.